Laser Hair Removal Procedures
Laser Hair Removal
Shaving, tweezing, and waxing are all being used widely to remove unwanted hair from the body, but at Vanity Skin & Laser, laser hair removal is fast becoming the most sought after hair removal method because it is fast, safe, convenient, and pain-free. It involves the application of concentrated laser light directly into the hair follicles to ultimately inhibit hair growth.
- The following can contradict the results of the laser hair removal: History of melanoma, raised moles, suspicious lesions, keloid scar formation, healing problems, active infections, open lesions, hives, heretic lesions, cold sores, tattoos, or permanent makeup in the treatment area, recent use of Accutane, tetracycline, or St John’s in the last year, auto immune disease such as lupus, scleroderma, vitiligo, pregnancy, trying to get pregnant, or nursing.
- Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis, in the areas to be treated for at least 6 weeks. Shaving is okay. Please come in cleanly shaven in the area to be treated.
- Do not tan or use self-tanner in areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior.
- Avoid any irritant, chemical, soaps, and lotions to area for the week prior.
- Some redness/swelling is normal – may feel similar to sunburn. Issue should resolve itself in days to weeks. Everyone reacts differently. Notify our staff it issues persists longer than a few days.
- Over the next few weeks, a fine crust/rug-burned appearance may appear where dark hairs were treated. Hairs will begin to shed (DO NOT PICK AT THEM). This may last for several weeks.
- Small blisters may occur. Keep area clean
- Alvene Cialfate and aloe gel may be used
- Cool compreses/ice for 15 minutes may be used for comfort
- Gently clean area twice daily
- Avoid irritants (glycolics, acid, retinoids, etc) until all redness/swelling subsidies
- Moisturizers may be used if they do not cause a stinging sensation
- Apply medical grade sunblock (with zinc oxide) for at least six weeks
- Avoid shaving
- Makeup may be used as long as skin is not broken or irritated.
Face | Underarms | Half Leg/Arm | Neck | Full Bikini